SAFNOG-1 Call for Papers
The Southern Africa Network Operators Group (SAFNOG)
Johannesburg, South Africa 22 April - 23 April, 2014
CALL FOR PAPERS
The SAFNOG 2014 Programme Committee is now seeking contributions for Presentations for SAFNOG-1 (2014).
We are looking for presenters who would:
- Offer a technical presentation on an appropriate topic;
- Participate in the technical conference sessions as a speaker;
- Convene and chair panel sessions of relevant topics.
Please submit on-line at:
Call for Papers Opens 27 January 2014
First Draft Program Published 28 February 2014
Final Deadline for Submissions 10 April 2014
Final Program Published 15 April 2014
Final Slides Received 18 April 2014
The SAFNOG agenda and program is organised as a plenary conference.
Topics for the conference must be relevant to Internet Operations and Technologies:
- IPv4 / IPv6 Routing and operations
- IPv6 deployment and transition technologies
- Internet backbone operations
- ISP and Carrier services
- IXPs and Peering
- Research on Internet Operations and Deployment
- The African Internet
- Network security issues (NSP-SEC, DDoS, Anti-Spam, Anti-Malware)
- DNS / DNSSEC
- Internet policy (Security, Regulation, Content Management, Addressing, etc)
- Access and Transport Technologies, including Cable/DSL, 3G/LTE, FTTH, Wireless, Metro Ethernet, Fibre Optics, MPLS
- Content & Service Delivery (Multicast, Voice, Video, Telepresence, Gaming) and Cloud Computing
Draft slides for the conference sessions MUST be provided with CfP submissions otherwise the Programme
Committee will be unable to review the submission. For work in progress, the most current information
available at time of submission is acceptable.
All draft and complete slides must be submitted in PDF format only.
Final slides are to be provided by the specified deadline for publication on the SAFNOG website.
Prospective presenters should note that the majority of speaking slots will be filled well before
the final submission deadline. The Programme Committee will retain a limited number of slots up
to the final submission deadline for presentations that are exceptionally timely, important, or of
critical operational importance.
Please submit online at:
Any questions or concerns should be addressed to the Programme Committee co-chairs by e-mail at:
safnog-pc-chairs at safnog.org
We look forward to receiving your presentation proposals.
Program Committee Co-Chair
SAFNOG Programme Committee